Smart Protect: The Smartest Option in Vehicle Body Maintenance
Protection for 36 months
SMART Protect provides a small body repair system that will keep your vehicle in showroom condition, without compromising your no-claims bonus.
SMART Protect covers your vehicle against the cost of minor damage caused by everyday motoring and we do not exclude business usage. This facility ensures your vehicle remains
free from chips, minor dents, light scratches and scuffs.
You can make an unlimited number of claims over the policy period, up to a maximum aggregate claim benefit of £3,000. A £10 excess per claim applies.
• 36 months’ cover
• Keep your vehicle in showroom condition
• Safeguard your no-claims bonus
• Convenient repairs at your home or workplace
• Repairs guaranteed for three years
• Free and easy to use claims app
• Could help improve your vehicle re-sale price
• Unlimited number of claims
• Aggregate claim benefit of £3,000
As with all insurance policies there are some circumstances for which SMART Protect will unfortunately not cover you.
We are unable to cover all vehicle types. You will be excluded from the benefits of the
• The vehicle is not a passenger car
• Has a gross vehicle mass exceeding 3500kg
• The vehicle is used for hire or reward (for example: taxis, self-drive hire or driving schools) or delivery courier, or vehicles used in any sort of rally, speed-testing, racing or any kind of competition or trial.
There will be no cover under this policy in respect of any damage to the vehicle:
• Where the technician confirms the repair requires a bodyshop repair and is not a SMART repair and/or is deemed unsafe to carry out the repair due to manufacturer guidelines (up to £250 contribution towards an approved bodyshop repair)
• To specialist paint finishes
• Which was incurred more than 14 (fourteen) days before the claim was reported
• Which was incurred prior to the inception of the policy
• If the vehicle is not identified on the policy schedule
• Caused by stickers or decals
• Caused by beading, moulding, locks and handles
• Resulting in the need to replace any body panel or part of the vehicle that needs to be removed to achieve a repair
• Involving wheels, accessories, door mouldings, lamps of any sort or any window panel
• Where the cost of repairs irrespective of the size of the damage exceeds the claimable amount
• Involving cracked or dented bumpers
• Caused to bonnets, roofs, and boots if a SMART repair is unachievable.
The SMART repair system uses the latest recognised technology enabling minor repairs to be completed quickly and effectively, at a location that suits you without the need for you to visit a traditional body repair centre.
Alloy Wheel Insurance
In today’s driving conditions minor vehicle damage like dents, scuffs and scratches to alloy wheels is almost a certainty.
Until now, when you damage your car, a visit to the body shop has been expensive, inconvenient and time-consuming.
With our Alloy Wheel Insurance, on a successful claim, we will arrange, at your convenience, for a specialist repair company to carry out the necessary repairs at your home or even your work address - all the work carried out will be paid for by the insurer, up to the limits shown in your policy wording.
Alloy Wheel Insurance covers you for:
• We will pay for a specialist repairer to carry out repairs
• Maximum claim per wheel is £100
• Up to £1000 in aggregate during the period of insurance
• No policy excess is payable
SMART & ALLOY INSURANCE - KEY TERMS & CONDITIONS
*You should note that there are certain limitations in terms of the maximum amount you may claim. For full benefits and exclusions, please refer to sections entitled ‘What is covered?’ and ‘What is not covered?’ of the policy terms and conditions which will be provided on request or before conclusion.
SMART Protect is an optional facility available from this Centre. Our Sales Executives will be happy to answer your questions or clarify the policy benefits and exclusions. You should be aware that similar products may be available elsewhere to purchase directly. However, as with any insurance policy, you should confirm that the cover levels of alternative facilities are suitable for your needs.
All information correct August 2021